Friday 8 December 2017

My Top 25 Songs


For as long as I can remember, music has always been such an important factor in my life. Same with the lyrics. If it’s a song that I can relate to, I can play it a million times and never get sick of it. That’s why I think I do generally stay away from super mainstream, overplayed songs. I always get pegged as the girl who listens to mainstream pop and country; however, as you read this post, you’ll learn that there’s the odd mainstream artist I like (such as Lorde and Khalid) but that’s not my thing in general.
Note: the songs probably aren’t that new, but some of them aren’t super popular either and they’re the songs that I love.

The first five songs are my absolute favourite songs from this decade, the rest are in no specific order.

“Bring me to your house, tell me sorry for the mess. Hey, I don’t mind. You’re talking in your sleep, out of time. Well, you still make sense to me, your mess is mine.”

“You’re gone, gone, gone away, I watched you disappear – all that’s life is a ghost of you. Now we’re torn, torn, torn, there’s nothing we can do. Just let me go, we’ll meet again soon.”

“So when your hope’s on fire, but you know your desire – don’t hold a glass over the flame, don’t let your heart grow cold. I will call you by name, I will share your road. But hold me fast, hold me fast ‘cause I’m a hopeless wanderer.”

“If the sun don’t shine on me today and the if the subways flood and bridges break, will you lay yourself down and dig your grave, or will you rail against your dying day? And when we looked outside, couldn’t even see the sky. How do you pay the rent? Is it your parents, or is hard work holding the atmosphere? I don’t wanna live like tht, yeha.”

I must add, I honestly hated the original version of this song, but this remix is so amazing!
“Hold onto me, ‘cause I’m a little unsteady.”

“I have a memory, you’re visiting me at night, climbing in my bed. You were so quiet that you never woke me. I love that you could see the good in everything.”

“Hey, my life is real great, feel I’m well on my way to my dreams coming true and I’m getting to do it with you.”

“It’s the very first breath when your head’s been drowning under water. And it’s the lightness in the air when you’re there chest to chest with a lover. It’s holding on, though the road’s long and seeing light in the darkest things and when you stare at your reflection finally knowing who it is. I know that you’ll thank God you did. I know where you’ve ben, where you are, where you going. I know you’re the reason I believe in life, I’m just tryna shed a little light. It can be hard, it can be so hard. But you gotta live right now, you got everything to give right now.”

“I wanna make a million dollars, making all my days count, clowning with my day ones.”

“I’m just a teenage dirtbag baby, listen to Iron Maiden, baby, with me.”

Sorry for the length, I just love this song and all the lyrics so much!
“Baby really hurt me, crying in the taxi. He don’t wanna know me, says he made the big mistake of dancing in my storm, says it was poison. So I guess I’ll go home into the arms of the girl that I love. The only love I haven’t screwed up. She’s so hard to please, but she’s a forest fire. I do my best to meet her demands, play at romance. We slow dance in the living room, but all that a stranger would see if one girl swaying alone, stroking her cheek. They say, ‘you’re a little much for me, you’re a liability, you’re a little much for me.’ So they pull back, make other plans, I understand, I’m a liability. Get you wild, make you leave, I’m a little much for everyone.”

“Oh, baby girl, you know we’re gonna be legends. I’m the king and you’re the queen and we will stumble through heaven. If there’s a light at the end, it’s just the sun in your eyes. I know you wanna go to heaven, but you’re human tonight.”

“Jumping up and down on the floor, my head is an animal.”

“Every time you call on me, I drop what I do. You’re my best friend and we’ve got some shit to shoot.”

“I just wanna dance all night, and I’m all messed up, I’m so out of control. Stilettos on broken bottles, I’m spinning around in circles.”

“For a second, I forgot I was a bad bitch. Begging you to stay became a habit. I’m tired of begging you to love.”

“I could easily lose my mind, the way you kiss me will work each time. Calling me to come back to bed, singing Georgia On My Mind.”

“I’m peeling off all the honour and protecting my skin. Apologize, I’m laying down my ego to rest. Would you be mine forever? Just in case it exists.”

“Midnight into morning coffee, burning through the hours talking. Damn, I like me better when I’m with you.”

“Ou la la, I’ve fallen in love and it’s better this time than ever before.”

“If you fall, I will catch you, I will be waiting time after time.”

“How do you fall in love? Harder than a bullet could hit you. How do we fall apart? Faster than a hair pin trigger.”

“I had all and then most of you. Some and now none of you. Take me back to the night we met. I don’t know what I’m supposed to do, haunted by the ghost of you.”

I had to add Everlong, it’s so old but hands down one of my top three favourite songs of all time.  
“If everything could ever feel this real forever, if anything could ever be this good again- the only thing I’ll ever ask of you, you’ve got to promise not to stop when I say when.”

“Snow comes down, everything is new and different. I found you hidden in plain sight, why’d I take so long?”

No comments :

Post a Comment