Wednesday 20 December 2017

My Favourite Books of 2017


I love books. I am a book worm. I thought today that I would share my favourite books of 2017; there were definitely some good ones!

I loved A Stranger in the House. It’s a page turning thriller about a woman who is accused of murder, but can’t remember any of the event leading up to it. This story is the journey or her and her husband trying to decide what their plan of action, and whether or not she is innocent or guilty. I finished it in a day, I couldn’t put it down.

Clearly, I am a sucker for a good thriller. This book rocked. It took me a bit longer than usual to get into it, but once I did, I couldn’t put it down. It’s about a cold-case full of suspenseful moments. If you don’t like it right away, take your time – it does get really good!

Those Girls is a little bit older, but was recommended to me based on my reading interests. This book was awesome. I read it in one night on a night shift. It’s about three girl from western Canada who have a thrilling adventure after a murder and no money to escape. It’s definitely a page turner, but a Canadian book which is a win-win.

Ever dealt with ghosting? Mary Torjussen takes it to a whole new level! In this psychological thriller, Hannah Monroe’s boyfriend goes missing. Hannah goes to whole new extremes to the point she drives herself almost crazy trying to find him and figure out what happens.

In This Moment was a fantastic book! I love Karma Brown, I follow her on Instagram and she lives relatively close to me. It’s cool. In This Moment is about a woman, Meg Pepper, who blames herself for a horrific accident involving a teenage boy. All the while, she becomes friends with the father of the teenager and has to deal with the moral dilemma. Although not a thriller, it was definitely a page turner. I couldn’t put it down! It was so good.

Although it was released in 2016, this is one of my favourite autobiographies. I love Lauren Graham, I love Gilmore Girls. This book was written so well, and it was so comical. I loved learning more about Gilmore Girls and the actress that made it so real. In other news, it also talks about Parenthood – another awesome show! 

No comments :

Post a Comment