Saturday 23 December 2017

If I had $5 000...


Remember the show What Not to Wear? With Stacy London and Clinton Kelly? I loved it growing up. A few months ago, I watched a few episodes during a night shift and I forgot how great it was. Currently I’m curled up in bed with a nasty cough and sinus headache, so I thought it would be a great time to do a “What I Would Do If I had $5 000 for a New Wardrobe” post.

Old Navy

* Old Navy has so many good deals, but I’m going to use the original prices as their deals change almost daily*
Mock-Neck Boucle Sweater (in neutral stripe)
Original Straight Jeans (in lakeshore)
Curvy Boot-Cut Jeans (in blue reeds)
Mid-Rise Pixie Long Pants (in rolled oats)
Mid-Rise Pixie Long Pants (in black jacket)
Sueded Ankle Boots (in chestnut)
Total at Old Navy: $569.20
Total remaining: $4 430.80

Gap

* Gap also has some great deals, so I thought I would include regular price for them, too!*
However – there’s a 40% sale right now with the code GAPSOGOOD
Short Sleeve Mockneck Tee (in new heather grey)
Featherweight Turtleneck (in charcoal heather)
Merino Wool Turtleneck (in light heather grey)
Softspun Cowlneck Tunic (in true black)
Long Sleeve Cowlneck Top (in true black)
Ribbed Turtleneck Tunic (in heather grey)
Flannel Pocket Shirt (in red plaid)
Softspun Open-Front Cardigan (in light grey marled)
Icon Denim Jacket (in saddle blue)
Classic Wool Coat (in true black)
Leather Pointed Loafers (in true black)
Suede Chelsea Boots (in olive green)
Total at Gap: $1 418.25
Total Remaining: $3 012.55

 

Modcloth

Medium Format Memory Tunic (in floral), $45
Windy City A-Line Dress (in navy), $75
Marketing Maven Blazer (in black), $39.00
Merry to Carry Bag (in brown), $65
Turn Back Prime Vegan Flat (in cognac), $35
Total at Modcloth: $857
Total Remaining: $2 102.06

J. Crew Factory

Although J. Crew normally is kind of pricey, the factory quite often has some great deals!
Plus today if you use the code FIFTY, there’s an additional 50% off clearance. *Prices are listed in USD, however, they do ship to Canada for $9.95
Tissue T-Shirt (in black), $9.50
Classic Crewneck Sweater (in deep jade)
Cashmere Sweater (in foggy)
Cashmere Sweater (in stonewash)
Space-Dyed Turtleneck Sweater (in night sky ivory)
Skinny Cords (in dark wine)
Addison Chino Pant (in British khaki)
Anya Leather Ballet Flats (in burnt sienna)
Total at J. Crew Factory: $910.49
Total Remaining: $1 245.06

Banana Republic

Piped V-Neck Top (in royal blue)
Soft Jersey Wrap Top (in charcoal)
Total at Banana Republic: $660.00
Total Remaining: $585.06

I couldn’t pick any jewelry and accessories that stood out to me – so therefore, that’s what that almost $600 would go for.
Of course, you would then go to Nick or Ted for a hair makeover then Carmindy for makeup.
I don’t know what would happen with my hair, but this is what I would want for my makeup:
Foundation, highlighter (in lucid), contour (in sombre), eyebrow pencil (in midnight brown), mascara, lip stain (in envy)


What would you buy and where would you shop if you had $5 000 to buy a new wardrobe? 

No comments :

Post a Comment