Sunday 17 December 2017

Great Articles for 20-Somethings


I could spend days reading articles on Thought Catalog. They’re written by regular girls, so they’re super relatable. Today, I thought I would share some articles that are so true. I’ll share my favourite line from each article, too!

“2017 was spent grieving. 2017 was a year spent burning and crying out all that love. 2017 was spent living without them, but not really able to truly live. Not 100%. 2017 was the time in your life where you lost a part of you. Because you had given so much of yourself to them.
2017 was the year you crumpled. So let 2018 be the year you begin again.
And let 2018 be the year you let this love go. For good.”

“Let 2018 be the year you begin to throw away toxic friendships that only being you down. Let it be the year you call up old friends who you have lost touch with. And let it be the year where you learn and love your true friends even more. Chat with them more. Invite them out for a drink. Ask them questions about more than what they had for lunch that day. Truly get to know them on a deeper level. And learn to love them even harder.”

“In 2018, I will make sure to speak up. I will make sure to put everything on hold if my mental health is in jeopardy. I will need to realize that sometimes, I need breaks in order to keep me sane. I will need to come to terms with the fact that I’ll have anxiety for the rest of my life. I need to learn how to accept that.”

“Make 2018 the year of you. The year that you hug more, kiss more, eat more, treat yourself more, and smile more.”

“To the friend who is kind and patient even when you’re a handful,
To the friend who is a real blessing to you and you don’t tell them enough because if you did, it would get annoying,
To the friend whom you talk about to other people just because they’re so awesome to you,
To the friend who will always have a special place in your heart even after you move away,
To the friend who you hope you will never not be friends with,
You’re the best and I love you to bits and pieces.”

“At 25, you will be in crisis mode. Everyone on Facebook is getting engaged or moving in with each other. And you’re alone. 25 is the year you’ll learn to not compare and contrast yourself with your peers. It will be hard to do, because everyone seems so happy, but there’s a lot more going on that meets the eye. 25 is the year you’ll learn how to live in the now, even if it isn’t what you want yet.”

“You have the capability to be able to do anything. You have the potential to be your own knight in shining armour. You are the protagonist in this book, and it is your choice how you decide to save yourself, because listen, think of all those days you thought it was over and you still lived to tell another tale.”

“Because she’s just the nice girl who had no intention of falling in love. She’s the nice girl who didn’t want to love you anyway because love to her means hurt. It means crying at 2 am and wondering why someone can’t love her the way she deserves to be loved. Love to her means every display of affection that she’s mistaken for something more. Love to her means every single time she’s gotten it wrong. She’s the nice girl who can’t seem to get love right. She’s the nice girl who falls for people who only let her down.”

“The strongest women cry. They weep. They scream. They fight. And it doesn’t make them weak. It doesn’t make them small. It doesn’t make them inferior. No, it makes them warriors. It makes them tough and brave. Because having feelings? Is nothing short of courageous.”

“It’s not me, it’s a hundred percent you. It’s the way you assume it was my job to cater to you in this relationship and never to reciprocate. Change my plans to fit your schedule, answer the phone on the first ring when you rarely even look at yours.”

“Your feelings, in this moment, what you consider an overreaction, are completely valid. You are allowed to hurt. You are allowed to feel bad. You are allowed to feel overwhelmed with pain. And you do not need to apologise to anyone for how intensely you are feeling right now.”

“On days like this, I still notice the miracles but I’m no longer fascinated by them. I tell myself I don’t deserve to be surrounded by all this beauty. I read but nothing goes in. I write but nothing comes out. I sleep but the thoughts won’t leave me. I act like I’m perfectly fine around friends, when in reality my bedtime stories have been replaced by tears.”

“You no longer depend on other people’s thoughts and perspectives to shape your own. Whether it’s a past value, or a new question you have, you search within yourself or within the world to find the answer, rather than let someone tell you what to think.”


No comments :

Post a Comment