Tuesday 16 January 2018

Gift Guide: Galentine’s Day



Well it still may be 29 days away but it’s never too early to think about Valentine’s Day and the perfect gift! Today I’ve shared over 20 gift ideas for Galentine’s Day!

What’s Galentine’s Day you may ask? If you didn’t watch Parks and Rec, it is a legitimate question. It’s described by Leslie Knope as:
"Oh, it's only the best day of the year. Every February 13th, my lady friends and I leave our husbands and our boyfriends at home, and we just come and kick it, breakfast-style. Ladies celebrating ladies. It's like Lilith Fair, minus the angst. Plus frittatas."

In Parks and Rec, Leslie gave each of her best friends a 5 000 word essay as to why she loved them so much, a mosaic portrait of them and hand crocheted flower pens. If you’re not nearly as ambitious Leslie Knope, I’ve got some gift ideas that your BFF will love.

I seriously love the spoon trend! Plus to make it match the wonderful theme, Uteruses Before Duderuses is a fantastic Parks & Rec reference. They also have an Ovaries before Brovaries spoon!

How cute is this mug set? Especially if you’re Grey’s Anatomy fans (and let’s be real – which girl isn’t?). These mugs would also make some great Instagram photos to brag about how amazing your bed friend is!

I’m not going to give the same speech as I did with the Grey’s mugs, except change it to Friends, so read above post if you’re intrigued.

Shhh, coffee is everyone’s secret BFF. No? Oh, okay. Either way – this mug is adorable!
This tumbler is so cute! It fits 22 oz. of fluids and has an adorable saying – I don’t chase after men but if he’s got tattoos and a beard, I might power walk.

If you haven’t heard of well, you’re probably living under a rock to be honest. They’re a super cute water bottle company. This wine coloured water bottle is so cute and such a pretty colour! If this colour isn’t for you, the black onyx version is cute as well!

Talk about adorable! It includes some famous TV BFFS like Max & Caroline from 2 Broke Girls, Marissa & Summer from The OC and more. Plus, it has an emphasis on your BFF! It’s under $25 and so thoughtful.

I’ve mentioned this before and I’ll mention it again – I love the gift sets from Sephora. For $15, this is a wonderful set. It has lipstick and a highlighting moisturizer.

How cute is this? Plus it’s locally made (well… New Brunswick). It’s a set of three, with chocolate mint macaron, white chocolate truffle and hazelnut hot chocolate. How amazing do those sound? It’s also some really cute packaging!

This palette is so pretty! The mauve and warm brown colours both are Valentine’s Day colours. For only $35, it comes with six colours – matte and sparkling.

My favourite blogger mentioned these lipsticks in one of her posts and I’m in love. They’re only $10, too. There’s over 25 shades, I’m especially loving oui!, brunch date and deep water bay.
I love this set! Moonbeam and Sunbeam used to be my #1 makeup go-to. This set is so perfect. It’s also under $15!
The absolute worst (besides driving) to me in the winter is dry skin. This hand treatment is a wonderful idea for anyone who has dry skin. It’s also under $10!

Who needs a spa when you have this mask! Dr. Jart+ masks are so great, plus under $10. Great when you’re on a budget. I love the hydrogel mask as well as the charcoal mask.

Although one of the more expensive items on the list, I’m loving this self-care kit. It’s so cute and great for a friend who deserves to relax. It contains a ‘queen of masks’ sleep mask, a bath bomb and a candle.

I love this gift set, plus it’s under $15! It comes in lots of different scents including cedarwood vanilla,
orange ginger and eucalypts spearmint. If you have a gal pal that loves to relax, this is the gift for you!

I am all for comfortable, warm socks in the winter. These knee socks from Roots are so cute! Very similar to their camp socks, but they’re knee highs! Great for tall boots or for lounging around the house with leggings.

I am a firm believer in self-care. Self-care is something I believe we all need to indulge in. This book has over 200 ideas for self-care.

This book is such a good idea for your gal pal that loves the odd cocktail. It has over 100 recipes to try!

This agenda is so cute for your busy friend! Plus it’s 50% off right now.

This customized ring dish is so adorable. It’s shabby chic and under $30!
This speaker is so adorable, and it’s under $50. Such a great speaker and it comes in blue, grey and purple.

I love this matching pendant set! It comes with a cute quote on the packaging, too! The friend quote is “A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back when you have forgotten the words”. If that doesn’t scream summary of Leslie Knope’s essays to her friends then I don’t know what will!

No comments :

Post a Comment