Friday 15 June 2018

If I had $5 000...


Hi, hello! Here I am today doing one of my favourite posts.

I’ve done this twice now and both times I had so much fun writing them that I thought I would write it again and am debating doing it as a seasonal post.

Does anyone remember What Not to Wear on TLC? I was absolutely obsessed with it back in the day. I used to sit and daydream about how I could spend $5 000 on clothes, accessories and shoes! The last time I did this post, I figured with $4 972.47, I could get 23 shirts, 7 pairs of pants/leggings, 4 pairs of jeans, 7 dresses, 4 pieces of outerwear, 16 pairs of shoes, 2 purses, a watch and makeup. Let’s see if I can do that well again. However, seeing as it’s for a summer wardrobe, I foresee this list being like 50 dresses lol.

P.S. this post takes a while to write, so I’m sorry if anything is out of stock that I’m sharing.

Old Navy

Total Spent at Old Navy: $1 047.44
Total Remaining: $3 952.56

J. Crew Factory

Total Spent at J. Crew Factory: $761.00
Total Remaining: $3 191.56

 

Loft

Strappy Button Down Pocket Flare Dress in White (I’m freaking obsessed with this dress!)
Total Spent at Loft: $977.59
Total Remaining: $2 213.97

DSW

Total Spent at DSW: $504.91
Total Remaining: $1 709.06

Nordstrom

Total at Nordstrom: $1 698.31
Total Remaining: $10.75

Whoa I cut it close, haha! Unfortunately, this time around, cosmetics were not included with this purchase. However, I would have been able to purchase so much more this time around! With this, the tallies are: 23 tops, 1 cardigan, 2 jackets, 2 blazers, 2 skirts, 10 pairs of pants, 5 pairs of jeans, 1 jumpsuit, 13 dresses, 13 pairs of shoes and 2 purses.

In comparison to last time, that’s:
·         Same number of shirts
·         3 more pairs of pants
·         2 more skirts
·         1 more pair of jeans
·         6 more dresses
·         Same number for outerwear
·         3 pairs less of shoes
·         Same number of purses
·         No watch or makeup this time around.

If you were given $5000 to buy a new wardrobe, where would you go? Let me know in the comments below!

3 comments :

  1. I used to watch EVERY episode of that show. (And even my hubby watched with me, which is why he's so dapper now)!!
    I have to admit that I might actually buy some more expensive items with this money. Not that expensive is necessarily better (because I am a true thrift girl), but to have some unique pieces that no one else has. Heck---it's not like I usually spend that much on clothes, but if it's a gift, why not??
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great wardrob.love that show. I would buy more quality pieces that would be investment pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psht id build up my dang savings fund that's what i'd do because I gotta start being a responsible 30 something lol

    ReplyDelete