Friday 22 June 2018

My Current Beauty Favourites


Happy Friday! I looked back and I haven’t wrote a current beauty favourites post in months, maybe even years. I thought today I would share some products that I’ve fallen in love with.

If I’ve learned anything in the last three years or so about beauty products, it’s that sometimes drugstore products are just as good as Sephora/MAC products. With that being said, a lot of these products are inexpensive – which is awesome!



As you can see, this product is almost completely empty. Which to me is a good sign that it’s a good product, right? I’ve been using this moisturizer for about two years now and it’s one of my holy grail products. I have mild Psoriasis around my eyelids and this product gets rid of it within hours of applying it! Plus it keeps my skin so soft. I use it daily before applying makeup.  



I have really sensitive lips for whatever reason. This is one of the few drugstore lip products that doesn’t make my lips swell up like balloons (it literally looks like I got botched lip injections lol). This is something I always keep in my makeup drawer plus one in my car and one in my purse. Definitely worth the price!



Que a product I used to drop hundreds of dollars on annually at Sephora. I used to use Tarte’s Amazonian Clay Foundation but read that this was a great dupe for it. It’s one of the few dupes that I can get with. I honestly may actually prefer the Maybelline product more. I used to use the Matte Maybelline product but found that I preferred the hydrate + smooth version because it made my skin look less dry.  



I also have this in green but the yellow is perfect for dark eyes! I put this on before my regular concealer and it hides my hereditary dark eyes. It’s definitely worth every penny and gives you instant eye brightness. If I could only put on one makeup product before leaving the house, it would be a tossup between this and my eyebrow pencil.

If you only buy one thing off this list, this is the product to get. I’ve tried tons of luxury concealers and this concealer is better than all of them to be honest. I’ve read so many times how it’s a great dupe for certain products (most recently, Shape Tape) but I personally prefer it over most of the products it’s labeled as a dupe for.


I know I may get hate for this statement but I hate Anastasia’s brow pencils. I just found that I couldn’t get a colour that worked properly and I didn’t love the way they applied. I do however love the NYX pencil. For whatever reason you can only order a three pack of these pencils on Amazon but honestly I’m okay with that because I doubt I’ll be switching eyebrow products anytime soon! (Plus it’s only $20 more for three than one Anastasia eyebrow pencil).


I don’t quite know what happened to the packaging on this product to be completely honest. It’s an older palette so I’m sure that’s what it is. One product that I still buy religiously from Sephora is eyeshadow palettes. I just find the colours so much more pigmented vs inexpensive brands. I use this palette daily and have for a few years. It gives me the perfect simple and subtle eye makeup for work. I wear Primal in my crease, Frisk on the lid and Skimp in my inner corner.


In case you didn’t know, I grew up with a family of hairstylists. Until about a year ago, I firmly believed that there was no better life than salon grade products. There still are some products I believe that about. However I do love this lavender conditioner for brightening blonde hair. I still have some salon purple shampoo but will definitely be switching over when it’s empty. It’s worth every penny and so much more affordable.

For 10+ years, I’ve been searching for the perfect mousse for my curly hair. I hate when mousse makes your hair feel crunchy. This doesn’t! It sprays into your hair similar to a hairspray and blends into the hair so nicely without giving it a crunchy or greasy look.  

9 comments :

  1. These product look wonderful! I would love to try that Lavender Conditioner. I'm sure the smell is amazing!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love OGX shampoo and conditioner, and use it all the time!

    www.jessicabroyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a great roundup. I've been so impressed with the NYX products lately. In fact, I'm talking about their highlighter stick next Friday on my blog!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excdellent roundup! I'm a huge fan of Essie and the Fit Me line! I'd love to try the lavender conditioner and the NYX makeup!!

    Krisztina | http://www.krisztinaclifton.com/2018/06/kcl-friday-finds_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always good to see people recommend products that are in well used bottles or palettes! I trust those recommendations!
    I'm going to check out the Naked2 palette, because I've never seen one that size.
    Have a great weekend Felicity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely products. The Urban Decay palette looks so good. I have the Naked 3 palette and I love it so much!

    http://whatmakesmesmileblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these products sounds great! I'm on the hunt for new shampoo- do you have one you love?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love OGX products the most for drugstore products! For salon quality products, I typically lean toward Matrix or BigSexy products.

      Delete