Wednesday 20 June 2018

Turning 25 & More: An Interview by Sarah Whetham

A throwback photo to 2016!


I honestly was sitting at my computer screen with a blank stare trying to decide what to post for today’s post. I was texting one of my girlfriends about something else but mentioned this to her and we came up with a brilliant idea. She could interview me with random questions plus questions relating to me turning 25 in less than a week. Throughout the post, I plan to share some photos of me in my early twenties plus my fur babies, too!


Felicity you are officially halfway to 50.

How does it make you feel knowing that 25 years just flew by?
Well I wouldn’t say they’ve “flown by” however alright. I genuinely feel as though I’ve lived my early 20s alright. Finished post-secondary education, went through a (very, very) short party girl phase, had my heart broken by my first love and grew from it. I don’t really think there’s much to say before I turned 20 at this point.

Have they flown by? Or have they dragged on?
Honestly I feel as though some years have flown by, some not so much. For example, 24 flew by but it’s because I had so many twists and turns I wasn’t expecting. Whereas 23 left me in a job I didn’t enjoy, grieving the end of my friendship with my best friend and growing in little ways I didn’t expect – but it dragged on.

What has been your greatest success thus far?
I think graduating college, finding a job I love and buying a vehicle I had wanted since I was in my teens. Of course that’s three but I definitely think they’re things that I have done that have helped me find success in my life.

What has been your greatest let down?
I don’t really want to go into details at this point in my life but my relationship with my dad.

Do you regret not doing something before your 25th birthday?
Traveling! I wish I had have traveled so much more than I did when I graduated high school and college.

What do you want to complete before 30? (Holy shit that’s only 5 years away!)
Traveling more, buy a house (which is coming sooner than later with the help of my mom!) and finally get my undergrad which I’ve talked about for ages. Depending on my finances and if I’m still single in five years, my plan is to either get pregnant with a donor or adopt so that’s something else, too.

Expenses not included, what is the ideal birthday gift you’d like this?
Considering I already know my gift, it’s that. My mom and step dad got me a gift certificate to help with the tattoo I’ve wanted for a while.

Chocolate or vanilla?
Vanilla all the way! Unless it’s Reese’s, I hate chocolate.

Pizza or Chinese? (If gluten didn’t matter)
Wait, Mexican isn’t an option? Oh. Okay. It’s literally my favourite. I used to love Chinese buffets so if gluten wasn’t an issue it would 110% be Chinese food.



One of my all time favourite pictures of Oliver - he was the most precious little baby (he was about 15 weeks old in this picture)
Okay, no. This picture of kitten Oliver is my favourite. He tried to take on one of Moose's "grown up" toys and got stuck like this. I tried to help him but he preferred to lay like this for a solid half hour. 
My mom and I
My favourite picture of Moose! The police had someone pulled over in front of my house and he sat looking out the window with his eyes like this until they left. He was still a kitten in the photo, by the way!


Off topic but…
(I totally meant to share this in my links + loves and my mind blanked. But hi, as someone who grew up watching Degrassi, I died the second I saw Shane Kippel (Spinner) walk out in Drake’s new music video, I’m Upset and it all went uphill from there! Jim and Silent Bob wrapping at the end was honestly my favourite part.)


6 comments :

  1. Happy birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day! xAllie
    www.theallthatglittersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so fun to read, Felicity!!
    Happiest of birthdays!! We love travelling, but it's been more fun as we've gotten older because we have the funds to do the things we like and not just worry about the budget. So don't worry---you should have time to enjoy getting out and around in the years to come!!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea for a post! I love the photos, too!

    www.jessicabroyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Felicity! I loved learning more about you. What a great idea for a post. I adore your fur babies and all these fun pics on you.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy belated birthday and I love learning more about you!!

    ReplyDelete