Saturday 31 March 2018

If I Had $5000...



Does anyone remember the show What Not to Wear? With Clinton Kelly and Stacy London. I was obsessed with it growing up! Recently I was playing 20 questions with someone and they asked me what stores I would go to if I had $1 000 (of course I answered Old Navy, Gap, J. Crew, Anthropologie and J. Crew). This inspired me to do this post. I created a winter version of this post, but decided to do a spring version!
P.S. I wrote this post on March 28th/29th/30th and am going off the prices on those dates!

Gap

Total Spent at Gap: $661.00
Total Remaining: $4 339.00

J. Crew Factory

Total Spent at J. Crew Factory: $519.00
Total Remaining: $3 820.00

Loft (did the prices in Canadian dollars!)

Total Spent at Loft: $801.93
Total Remaining: $3 018.07

DSW

Total Spent at DSW: $779.87
Total Remaining: $2 238.20

Nordstrom

I’m adding Nordstrom because I feel like at the end of every What Not to Wear episode, they went to a department store. It was usually Macy’s, but I prefer Nordstrom’s clothes! P.S. prices in CAD.
BP. Double Breasted Trench Coat (on sale for an amazing price!) 
Total at Nordstrom: $1 651.67
Total Remaining: $586.53


Sephora

I feel like when you get a new wardrobe, you create a new face & hair routine, too! Therefore I thought I would share what I would purchase to go with my new makeup look. Of course, different products for different needs (ie. CC cream vs. foundation for different days!)
Urban Decay Naked2 Basics Palette (this is always be my go-to palette) 
Total at Sephora: $559.00
Total Remaining: $27.53

Dang, I cut that close!
Let me know in the comments what your favourites are from the list and where you would go if you had $5 000 to buy a new wardrobe!

P.S. with $4 972.47, I would have been able to get:
23 shirts
7 pairs of pants/leggings
4 pairs of jeans
7 dresses
4 pieces of outerwear
16 pairs of shoes
2 purses
1 watch
… and tons of makeup!

I think I would do pretty good if I ever got to be on the show!

4 comments :

  1. That's such a good idea for a blog post! Absolutely loved reading this!
    Victoria-Maria xx || Vidcaria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss What Not to Wear- it was my favorite show! I always used to dream about what I would do with 5000!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love What Not To Wear! $5000 really could buy a lot of stuff if you planned it out like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun post! It's honestly crazy how much you could get with $5000, especially if you're a smart shopper finding good deals and a well-stocked clearance rack!

    Madison | Mads Maybe

    ReplyDelete