Monday 26 February 2018

links + loves

The little fur babies behind the name of my blog, actually getting along for once. 


I have some really bad writer’s block lately. I have no idea what to write about these days. I’ve sat down three or four times the past few days and my mind has drawn completely blank. I’ve started writing a cute wall art post, an affordable workwear post, my favourite teas, my current playlist, etc. then stopped. If anyone has any blog post suggestions, let me know in the comments below!

I’ve been struggling with my body image lately. I’ve put some weight on; changed my diet and got back into exercising regularly, but I feel like I’m just getting bigger. My clothes aren’t fitting properly and it’s getting continuously frustrating every day. I’m debating going to buy some new clothes for now, maybe I’ll do some dressing room try-on posts while I’m trying stuff on for some feedback! 
(see one of my favourite bloggers, Gentry’s, dressing room diaries here)

I want everything from Roolee this spring! It’s all so cute plus has those amazing minimalistic vibes that I’ve been loving lately.

I made these keto lemon fat bombs last week and they were to die for! It tasted like a lemon cheesecake without the crust.

This article is just one of many that made me stop eating meat.

I’ve started running again and have been following this plan. My goal is to run the Toronto Marathon on my 10th anniversary of my last open heart surgery. Whether or not I get there will be interesting.

I love this DIY tassel blanket, which comes from one of my favourite Ikea blankets.

SOS, SOS! Vance Joy’s new CD finally came out. I have been listening to every new single released a million times. It’s been such a tease since July. My favourite song from the entire album was released two weeks before the album was released, Call Me If You Need Me. I also love Alone With Me and One of These Days.

Also, one of my all-time favourite covers is Vance’s cover of Taylor Swift’s I Know Places.

My all-time favourite sports bra! It goes by cup sizes, which is so handy because it’s more accurate.

I’m on the fence whether or not I want to try this Sephora Collection blush palette. The colours are so pretty for spring.

I’m also dying to try the NARS liquid blush. The regular ol’ blush has been my go-to for years, in the colours orgasm & torrid. The liquid blush just leaves such a gorgeous dewy colour.  

I was going to hold off and share it on Thursday on my March wish list (which is giant and filled with the cutest spring clothes), but this lace tank from Anthropologie is so beautiful. The white would look so good under a jean jacket with a pair of black ankle pants!

This blue gingham dress also is giving me some serious spring vibes!

My spring and fall go-to is a good jean jacket. Even though, I’m wearing one when it’s above 0 celsius. It’s just my thing. I love the wash of this one from Gap!

4 comments :

  1. Loving all the Spring nods here. I'm sorry you're struggling with your body image lately. Totally support the idea of getting some better-fitting clothes, even if it's just for now. After giving birth to my kids, while I still had some weight to lose, it really made me feel better about myself to buy clothes that fit at the time. Those clothes are too big now, as I've since lost the weight, so I wouldn't buy a TON in that size, but it really helps in the interim to feel like you're not busting out of your clothes. Have a wonderful Monday!!

    www.jessicabroyles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment, it definitely made me feel better! I agree and I'm thinking that I'm just going to stick with stores like Old Navy so I'm not spending a ton on stuff that isn't going to fit in a few months.

      Delete
  2. Hi Felicity, I loved reading your list. I struggle with my body image lately too but I decided to be kind to myself and I know better days will come!xo
    Anastasia
    http://www.natbees.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all these lovely links! I think it would be nice to treat yourself to a few new clothing items. It's so important to dress in clothing you love because that really affects your outlook and confidence. Keep up the great work!

    Enclothed Cognition

    ReplyDelete