Wednesday 10 August 2016

Quotes I Live By

I’ve grown up swearing that quotes are my holy grail. They were what I used for many years to define myself when I couldn’t pour how I felt about life. I ran a Xanga page when that was the cool thing to do, that got about 100 comments every time I posted. It was then that I realized wow, I’m not the only one who thinks quotes can describe who I am and what I feel. I haven’t shared a quote in a long time, except for the odd post on my Instagram. I’ve decided that I would share some quotes that really define my life at 23. I hope you all enjoy! 

Here is what I'm trying to tell you: Adult isn't a noun, it's a verb. It's the act of making correctly those small decisions that fill our day. It is one that you can practice, and that can be done in concrete steps. And if you slip up and have Diet Coke for breakfast, no one busts in and snatches away your Adult card. Just move forward and have milk tomorrow.
― Kelly Williams Brown, Adulting
Because you can never go from going out to being friends, just like that. It's a lie. It's just something that people say they'll do to take permanence out of a breakup. And someone always takes it to mean more than it does, and then is hurt even more when, inevitably, said 'friend' relationship is still a major step down from the previous relationship, and it's like breaking up all over again. But messier.
Sarah Dessen, This Lullaby
The ability to sit down with another person and talk for hours, about anything and everything, is more attractive to me than anything else.
― Koi Fresco
Sometimes I remind myself that I almost skipped the party, that I almost went to a different college, that the whim of a minute could have changed everything and everyone. Our lives, so settled, so specific, are built on happenstance.
― Anna Quindlen, Every Last One
You will fall in love with someone who's cold and always pushing you away. When all is said and done, they will be forever known as the one person you couldn't get to love you. Unfortunately, it will hurt and sting worse than the god ones, the ones that chopped up your meat for you and picked out an eyelash from your eye and were nice to your mother, because love often feels like a game we need to win.
― Ryan O'Connell, The People You Will Fall in Love With in Your 20s
It is a curious thing, the death of a loved one. We all know that our time in this world is limited, and that eventually all of us will end up underneath some sheet, never to wake up. And yet it is always a surprise when it happens to someone we know. It is like walking up the stairs to your bedroom in the dark, and thinking there is one more stair than there is. Your foot falls down, through the air, and there is a sickly moment of dark surprise as you try and readjust the way you thought of things.
― Lemony Snicket, Horseradish

I hope you enjoyed this post, it's lovely to take the time to sit down and read quotes that relate my life or my career. I'm so blessed to have a resource to describe my thoughts and feelings.

No comments :

Post a Comment