Sunday 21 August 2016

Q&A with Me!

(These pictures are fantastic reminder to me that I need to get my eyebrows waxed ASAP)
Who has been the biggest influencer in your life and why?
Definitely my parents! Both have been through so much and never fail to prove that you can get through anything if you try.

What kinds of things make you laugh?
I have the strangest, most twisted sense of humour but ridiculous internet memes and things seniors say to me never fail to make me chuckle.

What’s your favourite place in the entire world?
Surrounded by loved ones! It doesn’t matter where I am, but if I’m with my family and/or friends, I’m generally super content.

Who is your best friend? What do you like about him or her?
I have a few, but I’m going to talk about one specific friend; my gal pal Nicole. Nicole and I have been through a lot of things together, but she never fails make to laugh on days that I don’t want to get out of bed; she never fails to be my adventure buddy and she’s the one person I can talk to about anything and I know there’s no judgement.

Favourite movie of all time? Why?
I have so many favourite movies! One movie that I will never get sick of is Still Alice. I work in dementia care, and I think that Richard Glatzer and Wash Westmoreland did a phenomenal job directing a film that accurately portrays what it is like to have early onset Alzheimer’s disease.

What’s your biggest goal in life right now?
To continue to discover my passion and build upon it.

What’s your favourite way to spend a Saturday?
Watching a movie on Netflix, curled up with a glass of wine. God, I feel so old saying that.

Do you have any pet peeves?
I think I have the strangest pet peeve: when people don’t hit the ‘clear’ button on the microwave and the time left stays on!

What was your family like growing up?
I have a very close family. My grandparents both lengthy battles with illnesses so we were very open about that and making decisions together. My family is still very much like that.

Did you – or do you – have a nickname? What’s the story behind it?
I have two! Flick and Phil. Flick has been my nickname for as long as I can remember. I’ve heard two different stories as to why I have the nickname Flick. The first one was that I was always getting into things when I was little and my aunts didn’t have time to yell Felicity every time I misbehaved so they shortened it. The second is because of the ant named Flik in the movie A Bug’s Life. I got Phil because my last name is Phillips, so it’s just my last name shortened.

Who was your favourite schoolteacher or college professor? Why?
I have a few college professors that stood out to me. I had one professor, John Mackinnon, who will always stand out to me. I’m not entirely sure why he stands out, though. He was super funny, but knew his stuff when it came to lecturing about mental illness. He also was a superb mentor for me through my field and was super supportive via e-mail when I was unsure where I wanted my career to go.

Have you figured out your calling in life? What is it?
Working in seniors with dementia in any capacity. I love working with seniors and adults with disabilities, but for some reason, I connect much better with the aging population. For some reason, I personally prefer working in either dementia or Parkinson’s care. They both are so fascinating to me, and I find that I can develop relationships with these clients on a great basis.


(Questions adapted from this Pinterest post)

No comments :

Post a Comment