Friday 12 August 2016

Gluten Free Turkey Meatballs

When I was diagnosed with Celiac disease five years ago, I was relying solely on premade products from the gluten free aisle in my grocery store. I ended up gaining sixty pounds within six months of my diagnosis as the foods are so carb-y and full of sugars and additives. About two and a half years ago, I decided to make it my mission to find and develop recipes that worked for me by me, instead of the prepacked stuff I was finding at the grocery store.
One of my friends at the time was a bodybuilder so she was full of recipes that she found out of boredom and while playing around in the kitchen! These turkey meatballs were one creation that she introduced me to and I have been making regularly ever since.
I personally love these meatballs and since they're only three ingredients, they're so simple and affordable. I personally like to make them with pasta, a chopped up grilled pepper, spaghetti sauce and Parmesan cheese! One of my girlfriends eats hers with a quinoa/brown rice mix, which also is an awesome idea.

Recipe

1 package of lean ground turkey
1/2 zucchini
2 tsp. Mrs. Dash original OR Mrs. Dash Herb & Garlic

Preheat oven to 350° F. While it is heating up, chop up your zucchini. Then put your zucchini, turkey and Mrs. Dash into a bowl together and mix it up! I personally prefer to put on a pair of rubber gloves and mix it all up with my hands; it makes it blend much better together. Once they're mixed together, roll them up into balls and place them on a cookie sheet. Cook them for 30 minutes at 350° and voila, you have the simplest turkey meatballs.

I hope you enjoyed this post, and let me know if you would like some more easy gluten free recipe ideas!

No comments :

Post a Comment