Friday 19 August 2016

My Summer 2016 Favourites


I would genuinely be lying if I said that I was sad that summer is coming to an end. As I mentioned in a links + loves post a few weeks back, I am obsessed with fall! I love everything about it; blanket scarves, pumpkin spice lattes, Thanksgiving, changing leaves. You name it, I probably love it! 
Reflecting back on summer 2016, my life has changed drastically since the beginning. I've let go of old friendships that were no longer positively impacting my life; and I've rekindled relationships with several friends from high school. I think that this summer has been a great summer and is one to remember. Throughout these moments, I've also had the pleasure to fall in love with some products, as well as rekindle some former flames with other products. I thought today would be a fun day to share those products!
Why Not Me? By Mindy Kaling: I have honestly read this book about a dozen times now. I genuinely didn’t think Mindy could top her first book, but she pleasantly surprised me! I definitely recommend this book to anyone; I swear there have been so many nights this summer where I just curled up in my hot tub with this book and a glass of wine.
Trius Rosé: I had the pleasure of going on a wine tour for my 23rd birthday in Niagara-on-the-Lake. I just happened to choose Yes Way, Rosé! Weekend for my birthday celebrations. Therefore, I got to go to three different wineries for free wine rosé samples. I have yet to open the bottle of Trius, but it was definitely my favourite one that I tried. I do love this wine though, it’s definitely worth the trip to the liquor store.
First Aid Beauty Slow Grow Gradual Self-Tanning Moisturizer: I love this self-tanner! The reviews aren’t the greatest on the Sephora website, however, I personally love this because it leaves a natural glow and hydrated skin. Plus, I hate self-tanners that have sparkles in it, which this one does not! It’s definitely been one of my holy grail beauty products this summer.
First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Lip Therapy: This incredible product was my saving grace after this bad boy caused me to resemble Kris Jenner’s Botox-gone-wrong look! I had purchased the lip therapy when I was trying to increase my Sephora purchase so I could have free shipping. I do not regret purchasing this product, it is the absolute best lip product I have ever used. It’s definitely worth the money.
2014 Hyundai Tucson GLAWD: This is definitely not a beauty product, however, I purchased a 2014 Hyundai Tucson two weeks ago! I got in a car accident on July 15, which unfortunately left my 2015 Chevrolet Cruze deemed a total loss. I spent many, many hours researching cars. I thought that I’d end up with a Santa Fe to be honest. My dad has a 2010 Santa Fe, which I became accustomed to driving while waiting for my insurance payout, plus it was great on insurance. However, I instantly fell in love with my Tucson. Today, I’m going to get a new windshield put on her as there was an incident where I lost a wiper blade and I scraped my windshield in the process. Clarington Hyundai is replacing my windshield for free, which is exemplary customer service (I would recommend them to anyone!). I am in love with my Tucson and do not regret my purchase in the slightest.


No comments :

Post a Comment