Thursday 19 April 2018

Songs I Love The Most



As much as I love discovering music, I have a soft spot for older music too. Especially from the ‘90s. Half the time you can find me singing Nirvana, The Cranberries and Foo Fighters at the top of my lungs in my car. For whatever reason, people almost always assume I listen to mainstream pop or country. There are the odd mainstream songs and country songs that I do enjoy listening to. I usually pick one mainstream song. Right now, it’s Delicate by Taylor Swift. No idea why though. Before Delicate, it was Tell Me You Love Me by Demi Lovato. They’re almost guilty pleasures to me.

Over the years, I’ve discovered that most people have songs that they will always turn up and pretend they’re singing it at a concert. For me, those songs will always be Zombie, Seven Nation Army and Carry On Wayward Son. I could honestly make a playlist just containing those three songs and just listen to them repeatedly. Both of the newer songs that I sing along to aren’t actually included on the list. They’re Humble by Kendrick Lamar and Lay It On Me by Vance Joy.

I did forget some songs that I wanted to include, mainly because I ran out of space! Other songs that should have made the list (beyond Humble and Lay It On Me) are:

Question for my readers: what’s your “car karaoke” song? Let me know in the comments!  

2 comments :

  1. Fire and Rain and Little Talks are two of my favorites too! Oh, and also fire and the flood and float on. Great song list!!

    www.jessicabroyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Immediately opened Spotify to listen to some of these! I think we have really similar tastes. I especially like how you broke it down into 2 sections. I definitely have all-time favs, but recently released music definitely deserves a spot too because it's fresh!

    ReplyDelete