Monday 9 April 2018

15 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Me

Circa 2016 with my 60 pound fur baby who thinks he should be carried around like the cats.

I thought today I would write a fifteen things you probably didn’t know about me. Switch things up a bit. I was going to do this for my 25th birthday in two months but will do something else for it!

I am mildly addicted to naps. Every time I have a day off, I have an afternoon nap. My grandpa used to be a small engine mechanic and had his own shop so he used to nap every afternoon. I blame him for my nap addiction.

I was super close with my grandparents on my mom’s side. They both sat at my bedside whenever I needed a surgery, spoiled me rotten and spent so much quality time together. My grandma passed away from cancer in 2009 and my grandpa in 2010 from complications due to dementia. I don’t think I’ll ever truly get over losing them.

My grandpa built the house that I live in for my grandma as somewhere for them to start their life and raise their family. It’s on my great grandparents’ land, but it was zoned off and sold in the ‘70s. My house is more meaningful to me than I think most people can imagine.

I created my blog in 2016, originally as redwineanddanceparties but rebranded in late 2017. I created it because I love shopping, it’s a serious problem. I don’t always purchase things for myself. I used to buy basically anything I looked at and loved. I created the blog because sharing things I love actually deters me from shopping! Strange, I know. However, it works.

I love older country music. I don’t really like anything post-2010, it’s too pop for me. Again, I think it’s my grandpa Roy coming out in me.

Johnny Cash’s version of You Are My Sunshine is my #1 most played song on iTunes and has been for the last three years.

If you ever want to see me cry, play The House That Built Me by Miranda Lambert. 

I love both cats and dogs equally. It’s a running joke that I’m a crazy cat lady because of Oliver and Moose, however, I do love dogs too. I want two golden retrievers and name them Gus and Cash.

I think one of the most popular things on my blog over the past few months has become Mater, my border collie! He’s the most rambunctious dog I have ever met in my life. If he didn’t sleep with me, I would think that he doesn’t sleep. For sixteen hours a day, it’s constantly running, playing fetch and chasing the cats around. Him and Oliver have also become best friends and it’s the cutest thing ever.  

One Saturday a month, I drink wine and look at all the adult cats on Kijiji and Craigslist and cry over the fact people don’t want these precious angels anymore. I wish I could take them all. P.S. this is one of the many perks of living alone. This is how I can spend my time without someone to judge me.

I’ve never been a giant brand person. I do love Kate Spade purses and watches, plus my Nike sneakers; but I’m as equally content with Old Navy and Reitmans products.

I was born with rare, complex congenital heart disease. I’ve had four open heart surgeries and eight catheterizations. You can read more about it here.

I love superhero movies but I can only watch them once. After I’ve seen the suspense and know what’s going to happen, the thrill is gone for me. I can re-watch them years later but it isn’t the same.

I think it’s no secret that I’m single and am convinced that I’m forever alone. As a result, I have Tinder. Don’t ask why. I always pick a random question that helps me pick out someone’s true colours. Then I ask everyone that question for a month as an ice breaker. I think the best one I ever asked was – “You win the lottery. You get 40 million dollars but there’s a twist. You must work part time. You’re offered two jobs, a professional poutine taster or a puppy photographer. Which job do you pick?”

I’m the laziest person when it comes to getting ready most days. 95% of the time, my hair is its natural curls (occasionally I’ll straighten my hair three times a week but it almost seems like too much effort for work). I have a five minute makeup routine perfected, consisting of filling my eyebrows, concealer and mascara.

Anyways, it’s 1:55 pm as I finish this post and it’s time for a nap!

5 comments :

  1. That's so sweet about your house! Love that! I started blogging under a different name, too! I used to be "highheelstosneakers", and I started that blog back in 2010!

    www.jessicabroyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this, Felicity.
    So much to comment on---I'm the same way with shopping, although I don't think my blog has helped much in this area.
    When we go into PetSmart, I always make us go by the kitties that are there, even though I know we can't bring another one home ...yet.
    When I met my husband through 8 minute dating...my question was "have you ever worn a skirt?". As for your question---puppy photographer, no doubt about it!!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great read! Thanks for sharing all these facts with us
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, so much I didn't know! I loved ready this. Grandparents certainly are special, and it sounds like yours are no exception!
    Country music really isn't my thing, but I love Johnny Cash-and now I have You Are My Sunshine in my head...

    ReplyDelete