Monday 23 April 2018

links + loves


First off, happy Monday!

I’m writing this while I wait for my dinner to cook. Relatively simple tonight but primarily made on the barbecue since it’s finally nice out! I made garlic steak, bbq’d veggies with balsamic glaze and basmati rice. One of my favourite meals.

Seven year old Havana Edwards was the only person at her school to participate in a recent school walkout. Her response was beautiful; it brought a tear to my eye.

I blame lauren-loves.com but I am absolutely addicted to the Accused podcasts. I discovered them on Friday and am six episodes in as I write this!

As a Canadian girl, caesars are my go-to summer cocktail. Super excited to drink Girl Heart Food’s ultimate caesars all summer long!


One book I will always love is Lullabies for Little Criminals.  

As a CHD survivor myself, People’s article on Jimmy Kimmel’s son, Billy, made my heart so full.

The definitive ranking of Friends’ best guest stars ever. Personally, I loved Sean Penn and Alec Baldwin’s cameos.


I really want to try The Body Shop’s bath bombs. Plus they’re only $3!

Last but not least, for my birthday party in June, I’ve decided that I’m going to have a barbecue! Let me know in the comments what your favourite BBQ food is! I have so many food ideas pinned on Pinterest, I’m going to seriously struggle narrowing down what I’m going to serve.

6 comments :

  1. I heard about Havana too. Amazing dad! I have been watching Friends again lately and love this list you included. Happy Monday!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love grilled veggies on the grill, especially summer squashes and eggplant! Those bath bombs look lovely! xAllie
    www.theallthatglittersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jimmy Kimmel's stories about his son are so touching. I also love that fresh sugar soap! Have a wonderful Monday!!

    www.jessicabroyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited that the weather is finally nice once again! I just want to stay out in the sun all day now!

    -Didier
    www.didieryhc.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm your dinner sounds delicious.
    Alec Baldwin was great.. loved Bruce Willis as well as so many others.. Love that show.

    http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post.
    I also liked the photo and topics :)
    Rest of good Monday for you.

    XoXo
    - Helena Primeira
    - Helena Primeira Youtube
    - Primeira Panos

    ReplyDelete