Tuesday 22 November 2016

Black Friday Wishlist: Old Navy

I’m going Black Friday shopping on Friday! It’s my first time in years. The last time I went, Target was still open in Canada. I remember because I got a curling wand for $10 that’s lasted me three years now. I figured I’d make a list of things I want to buy for Black Friday – which will also double as a gift guide.

Today I’m doing Old Navy, but I’ll do a new one every day leading up to Black Friday.
(PS Old Navy is 40% off the entire store until Friday, and 50% off from Friday to Sunday online and in store)

I love all of these dresses. They’re so cute and chic. Plus, you can dress them up or down. They’d all look really nice with a pair of heels for a more formal event, but with booties, tights and a jean jacket to dress them down. I also personally really love the midi dress. I love shorter dresses, I always have and always will. Although, as I’m getting older, I’d rather have a longer, classic dress that I can throw on for more adult occasions; or for somewhere like a Christmas Eve church service.
(Also, all of these dresses come in several different colours. Therefore, making them a great option for little black dresses, too.)


I love all of these sweaters so much! Funny story: I’ve actually talked about the open front cardigan before, but in the pine needles. Then I was in Old Navy last weekend, and decided that the heather grey was much nicer in person. I chose the bright blue sweaters, because I personally don’t own enough bright colours in my closet. If I buy the blues, I thought they’d look so cute with jeans or black or grey dress pants. I also really like the v-neck pullover in Victorian Jade, and the crew-neck sweater in party-started pink. They all look super comfortable, too. Which is always a plus for me.


Old Navy shirts are my favourite for work. They’re not super expensive, so if they get stained, it isn’t the end of the world. I chose the relaxed shoulder shirt, because I already own the tulip-hem tunic almost identical to it. Which is super comfortable with leggings and over-the-knee boots for work. Also, I previously mentioned that I need more colours in my closet: this section is a great description as to why. I have two grey shirts. Grey and navy are my comfort colours. I also included this burgundy tank. I saw it in store about a month ago, and had fallen in love with it then. It would look great under a blazer or cardigan, or on its own for a girls night. So much versatility with it!


I love pajamas for a gift! I love the aesthetic of being in front of the fireplace with big cup of hot chocolate or tea (I love White Chocolate Peppermint Tea from Teavana) in my pajamas. I really love these slippers from Old Navy, too. I don’t think anyone can go wrong with pajamas, and I think this is the cutest PJ set. It makes me want to go to Starbucks and get an eggnog latte. 

Side note: I was going to include shoes and accessories; Old Navy has some beautiful jewelry in-store but does not sell it online. I find it really hard to find shoes to buy for others. Therefore, I didn’t include any footwear. However, for myself, I do really like these Chelsea boots.  

Honestly, I find it hard to shop for the men (and when I say men, I mean my dad) in my life. My dad does always like what we get him from Old Navy though. I always get him shirts, because I know what size he is and know that he likes top wise. I let my mom deal with the pants and shoes. I love these shirts, they’re simple but classic. My dad will be wearing these shirts for years to come

Another thing that I always get my dad are plaid shirts. There’s something about them that he really likes. Or at least acts like he likes. I really love all three of these tops.  

No comments :

Post a Comment