Tuesday 9 April 2019

Pictures I've Taken Lately

For many years, I loved my DSLR but had taken some time away from it. Recently, I fell back in love with it. Today I thought I would share some pictures off my camera; plus stories that go with some of the pictures!

With the exception of one photo, all of these pictures were taken in my backyard. You’ll see which one isn’t from my backyard as you scroll through!

I don’t really go into my backyard anymore without rubber boots. As the snow melts, it’s a mud pit everywhere! And when I say rubber boots, I don’t mean $160 Hunter boots… these bad boys were $10 boots from Walmart. I’m definitely all about practicality these days and living in my rain boots is definitely something I’m loving.


Last week, I showed some pictures of my house and my front lawn but nothing with my backyard. This is my backyard. The bridge needs a new piece of wood, but this is my little piece of paradise. You can kind of see it in the second picture but there’s a fire pit over on the island for summer fires. It’s so relaxing out here.

 In my backyard, my grandpa’s old tractor garage is there. My grandpa stored his tractor in it for years, which has since been removed and given a new home. We put in a woodstove since it has a little chimney in it and it’s the best place to hang out. I burn all my Amazon and shoe boxes back there. I could spend all my free time in here. 

Nothing too exciting – just some cedar in the garage!

 I was burning some boxes so I thought I’d snap a quick picture of the fire and the song I was listening to. I love Maren Morris, I really want to pick up her Girl vinyl record
p.s. she may be onto something… there is a song for everything!

 What would a pictures post be without a picture of one of my fur babies? Love this picture of Mater, we were outside playing fetch and I managed to get this snap of him quickly before he picked up his ball. 

… and you’ve come to my post that isn’t in my backyard. This is my weekend uniform – a striped t-shirt, jeans and running shoes. I’ve recently fallen in love with running shoes and these New Balance ones are great. I grabbed them off a clearance rack at Marshall’s for $38 and don’t regret my purchase at all. 

{ignore this** GDBHXMXF172049791 ** ) 

10 comments :

  1. You took super cute pictures!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay love this. I also need to use my camera more! It always feels so bulky to bring around, but I never regret it!
    -Kristen www.kristenwoolsey.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing I'm regretting is not carrying it with me sooner!

      Delete
  3. Such a fun little glimpse into your life! have a lovely Tuesday, Felicity!

    www.jessicabroyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful back yard Felicity!!
    XOXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for these cool shots. I love those sneakers!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathrine! They're super comfy, too!

      Delete