Thursday 4 April 2019

Life Lately (+ a spring gift guide!)


I haven’t done a life lately post in forever. I’m getting ready to say goodbye to my grandparents’ home in the next few weeks, but I’ve always been a huge fan of taking pictures to help with the memories. This picture was from last spring, but I’ve always been a sucker for how my mom took care of the gardens. I may not have taken the best care of them last summer, but I honestly think it gives the house more character.

The shop is actually bigger than my house. My grandpa was a small engine mechanic after he stepped back from farming and he did all of his work back there. We also have a tractor garage where he stored his beloved tractor. We’ve put a wood stove in it and I quite often sit out there alone in a Muskoka chair. It’s so relaxing to think out there.



You can kind of see them in the picture of the house, but these are my rocking chairs. I occasionally find myself feeling as though I’m 90 when I’m sitting on these. They came from this store almost ten year ago and I love them to death. If you ever come to my house in the spring or summer, I usually will try to keep my visits here. They’re perfect for sitting with a cup of tea, a cider or a glass of wine and listening to the birds. Occasionally, you’ll even see a car go by too!  



I did previously post this picture on my Instagram. I got questions on my mug, which is still in stock – you can find it here! I’ve been really struggling with my mental health again so I’ve been taking some time to focus on self-care. To me, self-care is sitting on my porch, in my rocking chair and having a nice cup of tea. In the evenings, I’ve been burning Amazon boxes and having a cider in my tractor garage.



Would it really be a post about my life recently without at least one of my fur babies? This is Mater’s favourite time of the year. It’s finally warm enough that he can swim again for short periods, he has mud to play in and he can run around the property without snow or dealing with constant heat. If I didn’t have coyote problems, I would honestly let him outside at 8 am and let him run until bedtime. He has never once gone near the road and he’s only gone far away once and he came back within an hour.



It’s a bit blurry because he doesn’t ever sit still, especially if he hears a bird. However, whenever I’m outside with Mater, Oliver will sit in my bedroom window and watch the two of us. I’ve tried to bring him out on a leash or wrapped in a blanket but he always gets out and runs toward the road or into the woods. He also got out while I was gone away once, and he decided to climb into a possum den. This was the end result:

Needless to say, Oliver doesn’t get to be outside anymore as a result.

Here are some actually cute pictures from him. I can’t remember if I’ve ever posted these before.
He was on his way to be neutered. I still to this day can't decide if he knew he was getting neutered or just hated the car ride.




Just for reference, I still do have Moose – he just isn’t as photogenic as Oliver or Mater. He’s only photogenic when he wants something (usually my lunch).




I had zero intentions of actually posting anything I liked today, mainly just chatting but oh my gosh, while I was on the Indigo website finding that mug there was so much I loved that I just wanted to share with you guys. These all would make great Easter and Mother's Day gifts, too! 



(the same as above, but in coral!)

















13 comments :

  1. Thanks for all the super cute cat pictures!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime! I would photograph them every day if I could, Haha.

      Delete
  2. That pillow is PERFECT! It's one of my favorite sayings and I have this bluebird statue that has the same phrase on it that I love!

    I'm sorry you are still struggling with your mental health but so glad you have been able to focus on feeling better! Keeping you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that saying, I just got a new tattoo with peonies blooming and it reminds me of it!
      And thank you Gentry, it's much appreciated!

      Delete
  3. Your Spring buying guide is so so cute, and I love getting to know you and your cute pets more! I hope you all have a lovely weekend!

    www.jessicabroyles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you have a great weekend as well:)

      Delete
  4. Love the pictures of the house and the update on your cute fur babies! Walked in to a possum den-oh my! At least he's doing better. :)
    Caitlin
    LemonadePressBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was back in the summer! I was gone camping with Mater and my ex boyfriend and came home to that! The den is under my porch but the possums dont really bug us and keep the mice away!

      Delete
  5. I"m glad you're taking care of yourself, Felicity. Don't our animals help so much with that??
    Loved these photos,
    XOXO
    jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! and they're great - however, last night I had the cats out on their leashes & Oliver got frightened when my neighbour came in the driveway. He jumped in my arms then scratched my neck... it actually looks like my cat tried to slit my throat now, haha!

      Delete
  6. I am in absolute love with Oliver! Even though he's a troublemaker, I would love to have him as my kitty. :) Your grandparents house looks so cozy and I would love to have my morning coffee in one of those chairs. Thanks for all spring inspiration!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for sharing these photos! I love the yellow rocking chairs...seems like it'd be impossible to be in a bad mood sitting on them!
    I love seeing your pets! Poor Oliver...he seems like he was asking for trouble with the opossums! He is pretty darn photogenic though!
    -Kristen www.kristenwoolsey.com

    ReplyDelete