Wednesday 13 February 2019

If I had $5 000

Image via


Hey, it’s been a while since I did one of these posts! I’ve started a few of these posts with the same introduction in the past but I thought I would just do a quick summarized version of it today…
Growing up, I had a wild obsession with What Not to Wear. I would spend literal hours after watching an episode perusing the J. Crew website to see if I could find clothes that Stacey London & Clinton Kelly would approve.
See old post from October 2018 here.

It's so true! & I feel as though it fits the theme of this post!

When I write this post, I like to think of it as clothing that they would approve but with a mix of my own personal style.
There’s a lot of different clothing I want to share so be ready for lots of great finds (all from different price points!)

Old Navy

Side note: I have been absolutely obsessed with Old Navy’s dresses lately!
Super Skinny Pull-On Jegging in Dark Wash (these are the jeans I live in) ­
Total at Old Navy: $761.44
Total Spent: $761.44
Total Remaining: $4 238.56

Madewell

Total at Madewell: $1 705.85
Total Spent: $2 467.29
Total Remaining: $2 532.71

J. Crew Factory

Total at J. Crew Factory: $1 070.50
Total Spent: $3 537.79
Total Remaining: $1 462.21

Loft

Total Spent at Loft: $1 124.82
Total Spent: $4 662.61
Total Remaining: $337.39

Target

Oh how I miss Target in Canada! It is available for online purchases for my Canadian readers though!
Raquel Slip On Sneakers in Grey (I really like the blush, too!)
Total Spent at Target: $329.43
Total Spent: $4 992.04
Total Remaining: $7.96

Whoa – cut that close! With $4 992.04, I would be able to get…
28 shirts (counted camis, t-shirts & blouses all in one category) | 7 sweaters | 3 cardigans | 3 blazers | 9 dresses | 5 pairs of jeans | 8 pairs of pants | 3 jackets | 3 pairs of sandals | 2 pairs of flats | 1 pair of mules | 2 pairs of boots | 2 pairs of sneakers | 3 purses | 1 baseball cap

That is definitely not too shabby for $5 000. If I was given five thousand dollars just to spend on whatever and keep my current wardrobe, I would probably get this purse + a weird amount of clothes from Old Navy and Target. That’s just me though!

Let me know in the comments what you would get if you had $5 000 for a new wardrobe!

3 comments :

  1. Wow! Now that 's a lot of clothes. How could you fit that all in your closet? Lol! If I have $5000, I would probably spend a $1000 on a couple pieces of clothing that are classic wardrobe staples. The $4000 I would spend on a Chanel bag. That is my dream!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun! I definitely would LOVE to play this game! Hope you're having a great Valentine's Day, Felicity!

    www.jessicabroyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is quite a comprehensive list, so many amazing pieces dear!
    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete