Friday 30 November 2018

Cookbook & Coffee Table Book Gift Ideas



So… I was halfway through writing my Black Friday post and my internet went down. Which in turn, left me a week without internet. My cell phone doesn’t have the greatest service so for a week I was pretty thankful for my bay window (I stood in the window sill to get enough reception to check social media). My internet is fixed now though so here we go with some regular blog posts going from now until Christmas (hopefully).

Personally, I think cook books and coffee table books honestly make excellent gifts. I love giving them – whether it’s a Kate Spade book or the history of the NHL, they’re always a huge hit. I thought today I would share some books that make excellent gift ideas. I may or may not have both almost half of these for gifts to give people myself.

Magnolia Table by Joanna Gaines; I have been obsessed with Magnolia Table since it hit the market last spring. I’m holding it in my hands as I write this because it is a gift I bought for someone and the recipes look incredible! Some of the recipes include Gaines brothers burgers, Jo’s quick table salad, queso, sheet pan nachos and pickled jalapenos. All of it looks heavenly!

Homebody by Joanna Gaines; this is a book I have been dying to get my hands on personally. It’s essentially a book on how to turn your home into a Fixer Upper style home. It includes a step by step guide on turning your home into a modern farmhouse. This is absolutely perfect for the Pinterest addict in your life.

Feast by Lindsay Anderson & Dana VanVeller; this book is just about as Canadian as it gets. The authors traveled across Canada, shared stories and collected recipes for all over Canada. There’s over eighty contributors to the book including farmers, First Nations elders and critically acclaimed chefs. Some of the recipes include Yukon cinnamon buns, Maritime lobster rolls and preserves. There’s a whole chapter just for drinks – so I would hope one of the best Canadian drinks, the Caesar, is included in it!

All In Good Taste by Kate Spade; this is hands down one of my favourite gifts I’ve ever received. I could look at it for hours over and over again. It has a little bit of everything from entertaining to manners to style. One of my personal favourite parts of the book is the A to Z of manners. Some of them include “art of flirtation”, “faux pas fixes”, “neighbors & noise” and “xoxo-ing friends and acquaintances”.

Humans of New York Stories by Brandon Stanton; an oldie but still so good! I’ve been following Humans of New York’s blog for years and the stories are so marvelous and beautiful. This is definitely a feel good, motivational book to pick up for anyone.

National Geographic’s Destinations of a Lifetime; this book is basically a photo journal of 225 of the world’s most beautiful places, all in photos. This book is great to look at the gorgeous photos but it also has destination information, including what to do for the most authentic experiences. Great for the person in your life who loves to travel.

2 comments :

  1. I've read Humans of New York on FB and you're right...it's so heart warming.
    I'm such a book girl, although we did get rid of many when we downsized...but they are always appreciated!
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home Body is great! Lots of great tips in there.
    I had completely forgotten about Humans of NY. I loved following their Instagram at one point. People are fascinating!

    ReplyDelete