Thursday 18 July 2019

My Summer 2019 Reading List





Hey, what's up - it's been a while. Life has just been crazy and kicking me in the butt lately. I've been enjoying life and embracing "the good life with Mater". I honestly haven't felt this great in a while so I've been really focusing on that.


I did want to pop on and share some books that are on my radar right now, including The Rosie Result, which I'm currently reading.
The Rosie Result is the third book in a series about a gentleman named Don Tillman. I had previously shared my love for the first two posts in 2016 post. They're easy-to-read, sweet but funny novels about Don Tillman, a geneticist who's science experiment is to find love. It isn't what you'd expect, but it's a lighthearted, sweet book series that I've thoroughly enjoyed reading.

Another book that I recently picked up but haven't started yet is Every Note Played. It has been on my radar for a while - it's by the same author of Still Alice (which I also loved) but about a pianist with ALS. I'm definitely excited to take the time to read it!

I typically find myself erring away from romance/rom-com style novels. However, I honestly think that I Owe You One sounds really fun. I loved Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic series - it was one of the first adult series that I read (I was probably 13/14 at the time). I Owe You One has lots of positive reviews, saying that it's absolute joy and so much fun to read. It's definitely the type of novel that I want to read this summer!

I've tried the past few months to pick up a good thriller novel since that's all I used to read. I've been honestly really struggling with it though. I picked up The Mammoth Book of Jack the Ripper after a recommendation from my local bookstore, which I'm excited to check out. I'm hoping that it's just what I need to get back into the thriller style of books that I used to love!

Last year's list was a lot bigger, which a lot more options but this year, I'm focusing on myself more and although I love reading, I'm embracing other hobbies too. 

4 comments :

  1. These sound great Felicity!!
    I just finished Nightengale, and it was amazing!!
    XOOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Owe You One is on my to-read list as well! It looks like it's going to be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the posts, I really enjoyed, I would like more information about this, because it is very nice., Thanks for sharing. Buy Instagram Followers In Dubai

    ReplyDelete