Thursday 14 March 2019

Books I'm Dying to Read


 

Hey, happy Thursday!
 

I usually post on Wednesdays but my goodness, this has been a week. I called into sick from work today after passing a kidney stone last night. I’ve been to the doctor’s and I’m just taking it easy but I thought I would share what I’m currently reading and the books I want to read.

I’m also trying to brainstorm some ideas for blog posts for the future. I’m always down for recommendations in the comments!

Currently, I’m reading A Serial Killer’s Daughter. I was genuinely a little skeptical because of some of the reviews on Amazon. However, it’s actually really interesting. It’s an autobiography by BTK’s daughter, Kerri Rawson, and her POV from being raised by a man who killed so many women.


I really am intrigued by Every Note Played by Lisa Genova. I’ve loved Lisa Genova since she wrote Still Alice. This book is about a concert pianist who develops ALS. It’s written in a similar style of Still Alice with the progression. It looks absolutely phenomenal!


I actually hadn’t heard of this book until Kristen mentioned it but it looks good – Next Year in Havana by Chanel Cleeton. The sequel actually comes out next month. It’s about a Cuban-American woman who travels to Havana, Cuba to discover the roots of her identity.


This was Reese Witherspoon’s Book Club x Hello Sunshine book pick for March, Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid. It’s about the whirlwind rise of a world-famous 1970’s rock band – their beautiful lead singer and the reasons for their breakup.


I grew up reading Confessions of a Shopaholic so I Owe You One by Sophie Kinsella has me intrigued. It’s described as an irresistible story of love and empowerment about a young woman with a complicated family, a handsome man who might be “the one,” and an IOU that changes everything.


I always try to branch out from thriller novels, but something about The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides has me intrigued. It’s about a woman murdering her husband and a therapist who becomes obsessed with finding out her motive.

3 comments :

  1. These all sound amazing! I think I need to bring Next Year in Havana on my spring break trip.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing....kidney stones are the worst. I went through a period when I was getting them a lot. And even though my doctor said that taking Calcium wouldn't cause it, they did stop when I stopped taking the supplements.....
    I need a new book right now. I'm going to see which of these I can download...thanks Felicity
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling your best! Kidney stones sound terrible.
    I always love hearing other people's book recommendations! Thank you for sharing!
    Reese Witherspoon's book club has had some really good book on it, I'm following that to find my next read.
    -Kristen www.kristenwoolsey.com

    ReplyDelete