Friday 27 July 2018

Old Navy New Arrivals Try On: The Good, The Bad & The WTF

TGIF, am I right? This week has felt so long and I’m not sure why.

On Wednesday I was waiting to go out for dinner so I decided to run into Old Navy and just happened to walk in on the new arrivals. I thought I would try some on and share some of my finds. I must say, I was honestly kind of disappointed in the fit of the fall clothes but they’re so cute!

P.S. kind of off topic but I had to share - I’m not sure if it’s just me but I find come August, I find myself listening to slower paced music and that usually lasts until the following spring. While writing this post, I discovered Team by Noah Cyrus and I’m obsessed with it! I’ve always loved hers and Miley’s raspy voices (if you don’t understand what I mean about Miley, listen to her covering Bob Dylan here).

I already own the stripe shirt in the picture above but since it’s from Old Navy, I thought I would include in it the post because I honestly love it!
I'm wearing a large in this!
This tank top is honestly my favourite everyday tank, I want it in every colour! I think one of the biggest things for me is the neckline. I always find basic tank tops to have super low-cut neck lines. This one is so practical though.

I’m wearing this in a large!
I wanted to love this sweater so badly but I just couldn’t. I think if I went down to a medium it would have made a huge difference but I didn’t bring one into the change room to try it. However, if it has holes for my thumbs – I’m sold!


I’m wearing this in an XL
As someone who is chestier I do typically go up a size in Old Navy’s activewear zip-up sweaters. However, this one felt tight all over! I’m sure it would fit ten times better on the bottom half if I was wearing a pair of compression leggings instead of jeans though. It’s a no for me but I love the herringbone print so, so much!

I’m wearing a size large
I am obsessed with this sweater! I’m a sucker for a good black and white stripe + a good lightweight sweater. I’m definitely going to wait for this to go on sale and pick it up. I also love the black marl and winter wine for fall.
Twill Field Jacket (in navy)
I’m wearing a size large!
I’ve been wildly obsessed with this jacket since Kate from The Small Things Blog posted it months ago. Plus I need a new twill jacket for fall. I loved this jacket, until I realized that it didn’t zip up past my upper waist and would be too big everywhere else if I sized up. If you aren’t chesty, this is the perfect fall jacket!

4 comments :

  1. I love dressing room try ons! It's like you are saving me a trip, haha.
    The striped sweater and the jacket look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just gotta love stripes, right, Felicity?? That sweater is so great, and I love that you'll wait until it goes on sale (because everything does)
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice textures of clothes! Thank you for the post!

    http://evgphotos.com/2018/07/28/red-bell-trousers-and-striped-crop-top-outfit/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the zip up sweater and striped sweater! Thanks for sharing these finds Felicity!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete