Tuesday 9 August 2016

“Here’s to Finding a Good Man”: The Chronicles of a (very) Single Felicity (pt. 2)

Here I am, again. Feeling like Kanye West, with a Pt.1 and a Pt.2, even though nobody asked for a Pt. 2 (sorry, Kanye). Last week, I talked about my ex-boyfriends. You can check out the post here if you missed it. This week, I’m going to chronicle what I’ve learned thus far about relationships:
·         Men hate maxi dresses. Seriously. I wore one on a first date and after one too many scotches, the guy on the date tried to pull my skirt up and tie it. He told me that maxi dresses reminded me of something his mom would wear.
·         Men also hate rosé wine. Guys on Tinder frequently ask me what my favourite kind of wine is, and as soon as I respond with rosé, they ghost me. Now I say chardonnay and pray I don’t have to drink it on a first date. Maxi dress dude also spat out rosé all over his kitchen floor because he hated it so much.
·         If you put on Gilmore Girls or The Mindy Project, they’ll probably hate you and withhold sex from you for a week.
·         Eat whatever you want. Seriously, they won’t judge. If they ask where you want to go for dinner and you respond with a buffet or burritos, you’ll be their new best friend.
·         Unless it’s a guy who values fashion more than anything, they likely won’t care about what you wear out for dinner. The only exception to this is if you’re going to a fancy restaurant and try to wear ripped jeans and a t shirt.
Honestly, dating can be messy but it’s all about balance and finding someone who suits you. I’ve honestly had so much fun being on Tinder because you meet such a wide variety of guys. Some are creeps, some are perverts but generally, they’re relatively nice.
With that being said, I’ll give you beautiful ladies some makeup products I use to create my first date look, plus some dupes because I know makeup can get expensive!


Smashbox ‘Photo Finish’ Foundation Primer: The first step to all makeup looks is primer, but any girl knows that. The Smashbox Photo Finish line is my mom’s go-to beauty product line from Sephora and I think she caught onto a great line. This product makes foundation last forever and look fantastic! It’s $16 for a mini, or $36 for a full size. Here is a great dupe for this product as well!

NARS ‘All Day’ Luminous Weightless Liquid Foundation: I’m honestly usually a drugstore foundation type-of-gal. I spend a fortune on skincare products, so my face is usually free from breakouts caused by inexpensive foundations. I do however really like the NARS foundation, plus it is cruelty free (which is a win-win). This foundation is pricey, and I found a really good dupe here for the foundation.

NARS Blush in ‘Orgasm’: Orgasm is my favourite blush, it will also be my holy grail blush. I also do love Torrid by NARS as well for a spring/summer look, it looks fantastic with tanned skin! NARS blush is expensive, but worth every penny! If it is out of your budget, this (in dolce pink) is a fantastic dupe for the blush.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer: I am a die-hard fan of the Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser. I actually Googled to find the high-end version of it. I found the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer is the expensive version of it. If you only buy high-end products, buy the NARS one but I recommend saving the money and buying the Maybelline one.

Kat Von D Shade + Light Palette: I will admit, I was a bit of a skeptic when this product first came out; but now it is my favourite beauty product. It’s the one product that I use every day. I had tried the Anastasia contour palette before, but I personally prefer the Kat Von D. There isn’t one specific dupe for this palette as it is so unique, however this, this and this are good similar products.

Anastasia Beverly Hills ‘Brow Wiz’ Mechanical Brow Pencil: As much as I love the Brow Wiz pencil, I have found a much more inexpensive version that I love even more! The Sephora brand one is just as good. I was talking to an employee at Sephora one day, and she recommended it to me. I will never use another eyebrow pencil! This and this are also awesome dupes from the drugstore.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion: I personally have found that the struggle is real finding an eyeshadow primer that is worth my money. I do love the UD version though! I tried the Kat Von D one, used it once and returned it. Never again! Anyone who knows me can tell you that I spend way too much money on ELF products, which are extremely hit or miss. I do love their eyeshadow primer though; however, I find you have to use a lot more than you do the UD. Either way, for the $2 it costs, it is totally worth being put on the dupe list. You can find it here.

Urban Decay Naked2 Basics: This is my absolute favourite eyeshadow palette. I also own the Urban Decay Naked2 palette and the Urban Decay Naked Smokey palette. At one point, I also owned Naked and Naked3 but personally hated both products and returned them within a day. For $29, this product gives you six matte colours that look so incredible together. I’m not even going to list a dupe, because everyone needs this palette. I cannot not speak highly enough about it.

Benefit They’re Real Mascara: Honestly, mascara is something that I don’t usually spend a lot of money on. I just don’t think that it’s worth the money. So I listed the They’re Real; however this, this, this and this are my favourite drugstore mascaras.


Finish your look with your favourite lipstick – but try to keep it as neutral as possible! You don’t want to kiss him and get red lipstick all over his face. 

Thank you for always reading my posts.
Have a fantastic day!

No comments :

Post a Comment